You can be confident you’re getting the highest-quality goods when you purchase an Apple product, such as an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. That is largely true because the majority of these gadgets have solid hardware and software. But occasionally you could discover that your Apple watch touch screen not working. There are numerous potential causes for this.
Repairing the screen of your Apple Watch if there has been physical damage is outside the purview of this article. You will need to take your Watch to an Apple service location to have it serviced. If, however, there are no outward indications of damage to the touch screen, there may be a problem with the Watch’s software. Here are four suggestions to try if your Apple watch touch screen not working.
Why Isn’t My Apple watch touch screen not working?
Here are some things to try before taking your Apple Watch in for repair if it won’t respond to your touch.
1. Your fingertips are covered in dirt or grime. Your Apple Watch might not be able to detect your touch if you have gloves on or have otherwise covered your fingers. Before trying again, make sure your fingers are clear and unobstructed in any manner.
2. The Apple Watch’s display is soiled. The responsiveness of your Apple Watch may also be impacted by the screen’s greasy, grubby, or wet condition. Gently wipe the screen down with a cloth.
3. Use is being impacted by a screen protector. Your Apple Watch’s new screen protector might not be properly fitted if you’ve just applied it. Apply it once more to check if the problem is resolved.
4. Your Apple Watch has stopped working. Your Apple watch touch screen not working if it has frozen. To force a restart, press and hold the side button and Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo.
How to Fix Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working
Method 1: Exiting all Apple Watch apps
Your Apple Watch employs programs, much like your iPhone, to provide you access to various capabilities. You can maximize the use of your Watch by using these apps, which make use of its essential features. You might not be able to utilize the touch screen on your Watch right now because of a problem with an app. This problem has long affected the iPhone, and it appears that it has now spread to the Apple Watch as well.
When a third-party app malfunctions on your Apple Watch, there is nothing to be alarmed about. To test whether closing all apps will make your touch screen work in your situation, do so.
- Step 1: Check that your Apple Watch is unlocked if you are not wearing it.
- Step 2: To see a list of the apps that are now running on your Watch, press the Side button once.
- Step 3: On an app, swipe to the right until you see a Remove option.
- Step 4: Select the Remove option to end the app.
For each app you want to close, you must follow the directions above. Remember that causing some apps to crash abruptly may cause your data stored within those apps to be damaged.
Method 2: Updating to the Latest Version of watchOS
Your Apple Watch is a smart watch with its own software, not just a regular watch. The watchOS operating system, created by Apple exclusively for their smart devices, powers the Apple Watch. Your Watch’s touch screen may not be functioning on account of a problem with the operating system, for example.
Operating system problems are extremely uncommon, but when they do happen, they make it difficult to use your devices for many tasks. In your scenario, the touch screen actions have been halted by your system. Updating the watchOS version on your Apple Watch is a simple fix for Apple watch touch screen not working. Here, we demonstrate the process.
- Step 1: Charge your Apple Watch while the updating process is running.
- Step 2: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then select the My Watch tab.
- Step 3: To upgrade the watchOS version, choose General and then Software Update.
- Step 4: The update will now download to your iPhone. Your Apple Watch will download the update and then install it.
Method 3: Restarting your Watch
Not all problems you experience with your Apple Watch are ongoing. Some of the problems are brought on by momentary software bugs in the gadget. Frequently, turning off and then back on your smartphone will solve these problems.
Rebooting can truly work wonders on the majority of gadgets, despite being a relatively simple activity. Rebooting your Apple Watch can help you fix a variety of minor issues with the gadget. This process is quick and simple to complete and poses no risk to your device.
Here’s how to restart an Apple Watch in order to perhaps resolve the touch screen issue.
- Step 1: Press and hold the Side button on your Apple Watch to display a menu.
- Step 2: Drag the Power Off option to turn off your Apple Watch from the newly opened menu.
- Step 3: Watch as your Apple Watch completely shuts down.
- Step 4: Now is the right time to restart your Watch. To do this, press and hold the Side button until the Watch’s home screen appears.
Method 4: Reconnect Apple Watch to iPhone after disconnecting it
Any Apple device you use will always communicate with your other Apple devices without any issues. For instance, when your Apple Watch and iPhone are connected, you may manage numerous Watch features directly from your iOS smartphone. Sometimes, this pairing does not perform properly, and your Apple Watch screen may become unresponsive as a result.
It’s not as difficult as you might imagine to solve this problem. Simply separating your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then pairing it back together should do the trick. The steps below demonstrate how to do this, which will refresh the entire setup.
- Step 1: Ensure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are in close proximity to one another.
- Step 2: Tap the My Watch tab in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and choose your Watch.
- Step 3: Next to the Apple Watch where the touch screen isn’t working, choose I
- Step 4: To unpair your Watch, choose the Unpair Apple Watch option on the ensuing screen.
- Step 5. Return to the Apple Watch app’s home screen, put on your Apple Watch, and follow the on-screen prompts to pair it with your iPhone once more.
It’s not always the screen’s problem if the touch screen on your Apple watch touch screen not working. The operations of your touch screen are governed by a variety of underlying factors. Naturally, if you correct those issues using the ways mentioned above, your touch screen will once again function. This manual should assist you in doing that.
Maybe you are interested: http://meyu.info/how-to-watch-verzuz-on-smart-tv-with-our-instructions/