Many customers have complained that the Apple watch ECG not working to perform an electrocardiogram (ECG). EKG is another name for an EKG. The Apple Watch ECG feature’s malfunction could be caused by a number of factors. How to fix Apple watch ECG not working is covered in this post. Try the steps below. After each movement, make sure you check your Apple Watch to see if the ECG is starting to function.
What is an ECG?
ECG is an abbreviation for electrocardiogram. This examination captures the electrical activity of your heart.
An ECG can provide information about the health of your heart by demonstrating a sound, healthy rhythm or by identifying any anomalies that require attention. ECG recordings were formerly only possible with huge electrocardiograph devices, but modern technological advancements have made it possible for portable ECG machines to perform the same function.
How to fix Apple Watch ECG not working?
1. Check if the ECG function is available in your country.
Not all locations have access to the ECG app. The initial scope of the capability was the US. This is so because the ECG is regarded as a medical feature or equipment, and every nation has a unique regulatory approval procedure. Nevertheless, Apple kept obtaining regulatory approval and expanded into numerous additional nations.
2. Check if the ECG app is available on your watch.
Not all watch models can run the program. An ECG app is available for Apple Watch Series 4, 5, 6, and later. This feature is not supported by Apple Watch SE or earlier Apple watches. By examining at the watch case’s rear, you can determine the model of your timepiece.
Just restart your iPhone and watch:
- Apple Watch: Hold the side button down while pressing it until the power off slider displays. Utilize the slider. Wait for the watch to shut off after 30 seconds. One you see the Apple logo, press and hold the side button once more.
- iPhone X, 11, 12, or later: Hold down the volume up (or down) and side buttons simultaneously until the power off slider displays. Pull the on-screen power off lever. To switch off your gadget, wait 30 seconds. When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the side button.
- When the power off slider appears, press and hold the power button (on the side or top) on other iPhones, iPhone 8 and earlier. Slide the power off button. Hold off till your iPhone shuts off. When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the side button one more.
Verify that the most recent versions of iOS and watchOS are installed on your iPhone and watch.
- IPhone: Choose Settings > General > Software Update.
- Apple Watch: Tap Settings > General > Software Update on your watch. You may also use the Watch app on your iPhone to update your watch. Select General > Software Update in the Watch app after opening it. If the Watch app keeps failing, do as instructed.
5. Clean the Apple watch
On your Apple watch, dirt and debris may gather over time. These contaminants could make it difficult for the digital crown to recognize commands and could impair the sensors’ ability to function properly. Apple watch ECG not working problems could be resolved by removing these undesirable substances.
How to clean your Apple Watch is as follows:
These steps should be followed to clean your Apple Watch:
- Make sure there is no power left in your Apple Watch. It needs to be unplugged from the charger and turned off.
- Take off the watch band, especially if it’s leather.
- Use a damp, lint-free cloth to carefully wipe your Apple Watch’s surfaces, including the sensors and digital crown.
- After cleaning, use a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth to dry your watch.
- Restart your Apple Watch once it has dried up.
Note: Since Apple Watches are water-resistant, you can clean it by holding it briefly under gently flowing water. Avoid washing with soaps or other products since the chemicals could harm your watch.
6. Uninstall and reinstall
Uninstall and then reinstall the ECG app. Here’s how:
- On your watch, go to the home screen by pressing the Digital Crown.
- Find the ECG app.
- Tap and hold the app until it starts to wiggle.
- Select the delete button (X). A new screen will appear with the message are you sure you want to delete ECG ? Click Remove App.
Install the app again:
- Restart your Apple Watch before reinstalling.
- Then open the App Store app on your watch.
- Tap Search.
- Use your voice or scribble to search for the ECG app.
- Find the ECG app. You may need to scroll down to find it.
- Touch the cloud with the arrow icon to set it again.
7. Reset all settings
Try wiping all settings clean if the issue persists. Your data won’t be deleted, but all of your settings will be lost.
On iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and select Reset All Settings . Then follow the instructions on the screen.
Then open the ECG app on your watch, it will say “Open the Health app on iPhone”. Open the Health app and then set up the ECG app.
This article has covered all the possible ways to troubleshoot Apple watch ECG not working. Don’t forget to let us know which method is right for you.
Maybe you are interested: http://meyu.info/6-best-smartwatch-for-nurses-styles-for-every-budget/